REDUCING OUR CARBON
• We recycle paper, plastic, glass, etc.
• We use solar heating for water.
• We have installed water-saving showerheads.
• All toilets have a dual flush mechanism.
• All lights have energy saving globes.
• We only use 100% cotton towels and bed linen.
• All our duvets are filled with 100% mulberry silk.
• We have a saltwater solar heated pool.
• All detergents used are bio-degradable.
• All organic matter is used to make compost.
• We grow our own herbs.
• All rainwater is channeled into the garden.
• The garden is bird, chameleon, lizard, earthworm and insect friendly.
• We motivate our guests to switch off lights and appliances not in use.
• We supply reusable shopping bags to our guests.
22 Bakkerskloof Road
Tel: +27 021 8550243
Mobile:+27 083 4141532
Blaauwheim Guesthouse - 22 Bakkerskloof Road - Somerset West 7130 - Cape Town - South Africa
Tel +27 21 855 0243, Tel +27 83 414 1532, Fax +27 086 260 1684, E-mail: